Today we practiced using Venn Diagrams to help us organize information. First we worked as a whole group to complete a simple three circle Venn Diagram example to help remind students how to think of similarities and differences and how to organize this information within a Venn Diagram. Once we completed this, the students worked toward completing a three circle Venn Diagram which compared and contrasted themselves with two other students (hopefully students that they didn't know so well before this activity) in the class. Most periods were not able to complete this activity so this activity will be completed in class tomorrow (it is NOT homework).
I did assign two "getting to know you" worksheets to be completed at home to help me know your student better. Both of these assignments (Tell the Teacher and All About Me Hexagon) are due by the end of the period on Friday, 8/24/18.
1) Review and sign with parent/guardian our INTRO LETTER - DUE 8/27/18
2) Review and sign with parent/guardian our LAB SAFETY CONTRACT - DUE 8/27/18
3) Have ALL SUPPLIES required for Science - DUE 8/27/18
4) Tell the Teacher - DUE 8/24/18
5) All About Me Hexagon - DUE 8/24/18
Mrs. Batt is the 7th grade Life Science teacher at Hawthorne Middle School.